My rules for food are pretty simple, and they’re nothing new.
- Eat real food. Get as close as possible to the original form of every food you eat. I know that eating zero packaged food is pretty unrealistic for most of us, but the truth is that the less processed your food is, the better it is for you.
- Eat a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Eat a rainbow of fruits and vegetables. This is the best way to get a variety of nutrients.
- Don’t count calories. How you feel is exponentially more important than the numbers, and where your calories are coming from is exponentially more important than how many of them you eat.
- Everything in moderation. Life is all about proper balance, and food is no different.
And my rules for baby food are even easier. There’s only one:
Don’t feed your baby anything you wouldn’t eat.